Wednesday, October 15, 2008

YES on prop 8!

As most of you know I am not a very political person and usually run the other way when people are discussing politics unless it is on SNL. A while back I was made aware of a story that hits close to home. Many of you may have already heard this story but I think it needs to be repeated.

A New Mexico photographer politely refused to photograph a "commitment ceremony" and were later taken to court over the issue. The same sex couple claimed that photographer discriminated against them because of their "sexual orientation."

As a small business owner I feel I should have the right to say no I don't care to do business with you for just about any reason I wish. My business reflects who I am and what I stand for. I don't photograph "Nudes" because I don't want people to get the wrong idea that I like seeing naked people. Am I discriminating against people who like to be naked?

If I was a vegitarian and was asked to shoot a beef ad and I said no, would I be discriminating against the beef industry or people that like beef if I didn't take the job?


I think not.

Vote YES on prop 8 and protect your business!

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=75547
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/caruthersville-mo/TTVOJIS3K2G5VQN1F

3 comments:

Nakki October 16, 2008 at 7:07 AM  

Well said. Good point. YES on Prop 8. There's also that story of the priest? who refused to do one of these ceremonies. They took him to court as well.

Lauren October 16, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

I agree. Good point, Tanni. Yes on 8!

Yonker Family October 17, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

Do you find it at all ironic that just two posts ago you have a video with Ellen in it? Just kidding. I am seeing a lot of blogging about proposition 8 lately, good luck.