Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Giving is always the best

Growing up one of nine children we grew up with just the basics and sometimes less then that (thanks mom for the homemade underwear). I can remember several Christmas were bags of toys were left on our door step from Santa. I try each year to help be apart of that Christmas spirit. This year I have tried to mostly give of the talents I have and stay away from the malls.

I came across a blog that really touched me from Kara May Photography and I would like to also join in.

Here are the details.

You know someone who's experienced a tragedy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances. Someone who can't afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. Someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family's spirit, love and beauty.

I want to know who they are and would like to provide them chance to experience complimentary custom photography - $500 worth, to be exact. Whether it's an album, prints for grandma, or a bunch of large prints.. it's in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this holiday season.

The person you nominates the winner receives a $100 print credit. What better reason to show some love could there possibly be?

The Rules:

You cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely in incapable of purchasing my services. (Being able to make a mortgage payments for a two million dollar home does not qualify as sincere financial need.) If you have recently modeled for me you are also exempt from being nominated, sorry.

The nominee must reside in southern California, maximum of 40 miles from Newport Beach. Tell me who you know, what they're experiencing, and why they deserve my artwork. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.

Comment on this blog entry to let me know you've entered, and email me the full story: tanni@lovebugportraits.com

The winner will be announced on Christmas day! So get nominating! I can't wait to read all your entries!

Open your heart to someone this holiday season and thanks for giving me the opportunity to open mine.

Additional credit for this project can be found at Kristen Kalp's website.


Don't forget about the can's for comments drive also.
I would hate to show up with only 10 cans!

5 comments:

kj December 16, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

I have someone in mind.

kj December 16, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

A second comment (so you can show up with more cans....)

kj December 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

P.S. this is such a great idea.

Nakki December 19, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Thinking, thinking...I've got to know someone don't I???

Amy December 23, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Wow Tanni!!! That's so seriously generous! I don't know how far Anaheim is from Newport Beach - but I would love to nominate my uncle and his family. They have adopted like 4 or 5 kids (I think 4 and they're waiting for another from Haiti) and they are super fantastic. They also have 4 biological children -- let me think... Willow, Alex, Drew, Seth, Whitney, Rachel, Ezra, Jaden, I think that's all... Anyway -- he's a mortician - they're super into their family and church and I think it would just be a great gift if they could all get pics together. They're crazy fun and just love life and each other. So I want to nominate them. My grandpa died in October and it was really interesting learning about my family and how close they haven't been (like my g'pa to my uncle) and my uncle has totally changed that for his family. So -- I would love for them to be given such a great gift as a representation and remembrance of what a change my uncle has made with his own family and how loving and wonderful they are to so many they have made part of their family! Merry Christmas! You're awesome! (PS - his name is Joe Springer :))