Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am such a geek.

Ok I said it I am a geek and many of you know it. So with that said I am happy to share what I learned this morning.

As I opened my sleepy eyes I reached for my phone (myTouch by T-mobile) to check my email and peek at the blogs that I stock, you know who you are, so any how I noticed that I had some updates to install, one being an updated version to Google Maps. This is an app that many of my friends and family cried with joy when I told them I would no longer be calling them from random locations to look up directions on how to get me out of a pinch. Remembering a few weeks back hearing about Google's Navigation beta (turn by turn directions with voice) I crossed my fingers hoping that this update would be the update of all updates. I installed and then quickly began searching google maps for new features. Not finding what I was looking for I quickly went the resource of all resources when it comes to andriod phones, www.androidcommunity.com
Sure enough on the front page I found what I was looking for





turn by turn directions with voice! Yes a FREE navigation system right in my phone. This is a happy day. No more trying to read a small dark screen while driving!

I think I might just have to drive some random places and see how well this works.

So all of you out there using iphones, top this! Love you Google!

0 comments: