Sunday, March 7, 2010

Flat MacKenzie Part 1

A few weeks back my niece sent me her version of Flat Stanley. For those who aren't familiar with Stanley let me give you a little bio. Flat Stanley was created by Dale Hubert in hopes to increase literacy and community building activity for students of all ages, teachers and families. This is done through creating flat versions of themselves and sending them to family members or friends all over the world. The recipient of "Flat Stanley"is record and photograph the adventures and mail them back to the student. I was privileged to not only record flat MacKenzie adventures but to present to MaKenzies 1st grade class.

Over the next few posts I will try to recapture that presentation.


After the long ride in the mail Flat Mac, wanted a bite to eat so I took her to my favorite Taco place, Taco Mesa in Costa Mesa. Yummy tacos! Good thing is was taco tuesday and that tacos were only a dollar because Flat Mac can really eat.




After leaving the rain of Seattle Flat Mac asked to see some Oranges. Flat Mac loves oranges.


Loves the oranges.


I thought would give Flat Mac a little history lesson about the orange fields of Southern California. This is one of the last Orange groves in the City of Orange. Most of the groves have been turned into housing developments and malls.


After the groves, Flat Mac and I went to Disneyland and chatted with the some of the employees. Flat Mac sure does like to talk. She made friends all over the park.


She tried to hop a ride on the monorail, but lucky I caught her before she got past the gates.


Flat Mac being a tourist, she decided to stop and take a picture by the giant legos at Downtown Disney.


I stopped to tie my shoe and before I knew it Flat Mac had run off. I found her climbing a pole. Flat Mac don't you know better.


After I got her down, the alligator tried to have her for dinner!


After I saved her Flat Mac wanted to get her hair fixed, that alligator made a mess out of it. It just happens that the same hair studio that Hanna Montana goes to had an opening.



After getting her hair done, Flat Mac decided to try on some clothes. She is lot like the real MacKenzie in that way, so into fashion.


Next, we went into the Disney store and Mackenzie made friends with all the Mikeys. Here she is trying to hide from me again.



Flat Mac taking a closer look at the castle.


Her she goes again trying on clothes.

You really have to watch out for Flat Mac you never know were she is going to end up.

Stayed turned for part 2!

1 comments:

kj March 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Hey! I know that orange grove! Very nice place... I hope Flat Mac enjoyed!