Friday, October 8, 2010

My Birthday Adventure

Some of you may know that I am a Michael Jackson fan, so for my birthday I decided to visit Neverland Ranch in Los Olivos, California.

When I told people that this is what I wanted to do for my birthday adventure I got a lot of funny looks. So here is some of the photos from that day.

Three and a half hours and a little stop from CHP officer we arrived at the gates of Neverland Ranch. The atmosphere was mostly quiet but we did meet some friends along the way.


Everywhere you look you see messages written to Michael and his family.



This was the message that I left behind.



A message that John left behind.



This was one of the friends from the UK that we met. Notice his monkey shirt. How fitting for the Ranch visit. Him and his buddies just cracked us up.

Did you know that Neverland gets more then 60 guests a day Monday thur Friday and on the weekend more then 200. On the anniversary of his death they had more then 300.

More writings on the wall.



These are some of my favorite lyrics from the song You Are My Life from the album
Invincible.

Once all alone
I was lost in a world of strangers
No one to trust
On my own, I was lonely
You suddenly appeared
It was cloudy before but now it's all clear
You took away the fear
And you brought me back to the light

Sweet words that he most likely sung to his children.



More well wishes.

Notice the missing sign. Lots of things are missing now that the Jackson trust is only part owner.
This was taken just to the left of the gates.
Did you know that Neverland Ranch is more then 3,000 acres of land? Imagine all the fun one could have on four wheelers one could have.

Down the road from the main gate. It was kind of funny to hear children playing in the background while hanging out.



Our next stop took us to Solvang, CA. We felt out of place here. I think the minimum age requirement was 70 years old and you had to have matching outfits with your spouse.
Sorry I didn't get a picture of that.

I did get a few pictures of Roosters!!!







Taking a moment to ponder life on the big shoe.


Our last stop of the day was the current home of Michael's children and mother. The house is unmarked and is located off Hayvenhurst Ave in Encino, CA. The gate just happened to open for a landscape truck to come through so I could get a quick peek. :)


0 comments: