Sunday, August 17, 2008

I tell you, I was framed!

Yesterday at my youngest sisters reception I pulled out of my seat and forced to part take in the ritual of the flower toss. After careful placement by sisters and sisters in-law I was positioned perfectly catch it. With perfect alignment I caught the flowers. I think this was the first one in many years that I didn't have to jump on someone to try to get it. I actually think that as she tossed it, it was more like a parting of the red sea and I was the only one left there. So what do you do but to catch it? Did I forget to mention how I was the only single person there and that they have been on me for years on how I need to settle down? Me catching the flowers seemed a bit like a Japanese game show that was rigged from the start.

Is it OK that I haven't found prince charming yet?

2 comments:

Nakki August 19, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

Congrats! Just let me know when the wedding is! It certaintanly was a beautiful boquet! I've missed you on IM this week! Hope you travel home safely!

Amy August 21, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

come on - it's so ok.

But it is good luck to catch the bouquet!

So - good luck. :)