Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hiking back in time

Over Labor day weekend I went camping with some of my girlfriends, yes I do camp but for very limited amounts of time, and then headed to Roberts Camp and hiked back in time. Not knowing anything about the hike I was constantly amazed as we hiked through the forest. Growing up in the pacific northwest I have been in many thick forests but nothing as cool as this. As you walked through the forest you stumble upon cabins that date back to the early 1900's each with their own character. Below are a few of the 80 cabins that are still standing that were part of the original 310 that started as Roberts Camp. For more information on Roberts Camp and the unique world that it is apart of see the below link.

http://www.adamspackstation.com/

Did I mention that after being very brave and getting in the waterfall that I was greeted by a water snake. EEK!










3 comments:

Anonymous September 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Looks like a very cool place to visit, beautiful waterfall!

Mornin' Sunshine October 1, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

these photos are incredible! I love the stone paths and cottages...

I'm thinking I'll order one of them too! Jeri

btw - do you have digital download pricing? so if I wanted to use a photo for a background or wallpaper and not a print??

Anonymous October 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

Just let me know what you want to order and I can customize it for you. Usually an image at low resolution (72 dpi) is pretty close to the print price. It just depends on what you want to use it for.